Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Happy OCTOBER 2007!

Your girl got a BOOKING! Remember the DIXIE ULTRA VO spot I auditioned for? The audition I had to bring my kids to? Well, even with all the commotion, it turns out I booked it. Go figure!...The spot is actually what is called a "scratch track" in the VO industry. A "scratch track" is used by an ad agency to pitch the idea of a commercial to a client. So, I was one of the voices chosen to be on the "scratch track." I look at this as being an opportunity to audition BEFORE the auditions...:)...Cool! The last time I booked a "scratch track" was the CALIFORNIA LOTTERY VO spot I booked several years ago. The DIXIE ULTRA VO spot is slated for TV as well, and my VO Manager says she explained to them that I am also on camera talent. Double Cool!...:)...So, we'll see what happens.

It's funny, because my VO Manager is really making me step up my game in the VO world! I ain't mad, being successful in this industry takes hard work, and sometimes I just need to hear that whip cracking to get my hide in gear!...:)...

In other news, I'm not sure what the OLD NAVY folks were thinking by not hiring my baby last week, but it's all good, on to the next one!...:)...

Speaking of not being sure, I am most certainly not sure what I was thinking during my G-FORCE audition last week. It was a disaster! The movie is one of those STUART LITTLE/GARFIELD type movies where there are animated characters in a real world, with real people. Long story short, I thought my reaction could have been better, and duh: "Why didn't I say anything?!?" They mic'd me and everything before we started taping, and I didn't say one single solitary word. Too busy directing traffic the wrong way? (I was playing a Traffic Cop.) Possibly. One chance, in and out.

Touched base with my New Mexico agent last week, he was pitching me for an audition here in Los Angeles for a TV Show that shoots in Albuquerque.

Hmmm, what else? Keeping my fingers crossed that if this month actually goes as planned, I will be putting together a new demo reel, a new VO reel, and launching my new website. Actually, I think I'd better cross my toes too!...:)...

On the Agenda this Week: The OTIS wrap party. Woo hoo!

S.

4 comments:

  1. Frances: That's definitely what it feels like sometimes...:)...

    Stephon: Thanks!...:)...

    - Shenita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray to the VO booking. I agree that the scratch track is a great liason between you and the actual commercial. Wishing you best of luck with that.

    And way to go with the red carpet. Reading about that was so fun!!!!! How did you manage all the popping flashes?

    ReplyDelete