Thursday, September 06, 2007

September? Already?

Wow, this last week has flown by!...

Okay, so the auditions have been going VERY WELL. I most certainly have been feeling as if I've gone in and gave them what they were looking for. HOWEVER, it doesn't seem as if there are any other bookings on the horizon as of yet. It's all good though, I'm still going to keep doing my thang! I ran into the incomparable Stephon Fuller at my BOSTON LEGAL audition yesterday. Stephon, you really looked as if you were about to go in and "do the dang thang." I hope you book it!

In other news, the industry party last week was great! The food was great (although a little pricy). The ambiance was great. And the service was great! We partied at the swanky Empress Restaurant on Sunset Blvd. Needless to say, I probably won't be going back there anytime soon. That is, unless someone else foots the bill!...:)...

Yesterday, I had my wardrobe fitting for OTIS. 15 minutes, in and out. Cool! They also e-mailed me my script last night, which I intend to plow through over the weekend.

Last night (9/5) I attended a SAG Foundation Workshop called: Camera Techniques 101 With Wendy Davis from ‘ARMY WIVES’ and The Los Angeles Actors Center. Wendy Davis is an actress/instructor who is currently a Series Regular on the show ARMY WIVES. The workshop was very insightful, and I feel like I learned some very important stuff about close ups and such. I will definitely consider taking a class with her in the future. I saw 2 fellow actor friends at the workshop: Jamie Burton-Oare and Nadege Auguste.

Tomorrow, the second issue of my guide will finally go out! I'm very excited about that. I'm really hoping that this will stir up some action for the actors listed. That'd be a nice tidbit to use going into my next issue.

Lastly, and certainly not least, I've really been struggling with a lot of tears and heartfelt pain this week, and it's going to take me some time to adjust. My little one started Kindergarten! I was so worried about her, that I didn't realize how hard it was going be for me. Kindergarten is so different from preschool. She's gaining her independence now, and it's killing me. She, on the other hand, is doing exceptional. I can already tell, I'm going to be inconsolable when college rolls around. Good thing I have 13 years!

P.S. I saw a commercial for TEMPTATION this morning. AGH!

Shenita.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Shenita,

    I was great to see you at "Boston Legal" yesterday. We both had our game faces on and didn't get to chat; that was just our professionalism speaking. I went back for producers but haven't heard anything - at least not yet.

    It sounds like you've been busy, me too, and the bookings are slipping by for the time being, but it'll come back around in due time for both of us.

    I understand as much as I can without having children about your little girl growing up. My Goddaughter started pre-school on Tuesday. Don't worry they will always need you and love you; they won't always know it, but they'll figure it out.

    Keep it movin'

    Stephon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience is a virture. I'm sure you'll start booking everything at once. That's how it always goes.

    Thanks for the Temptation info. I went today and it was fun! Well organized and moved quickly. I even won my round. I'll let you whether I hear or not and tell me when you're airing so I can tivo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking for some actors for a one-act play I'm working on and you might be able to pass it along. Can you email me again? (I have to get more organized!)

    Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete