Thursday, September 13, 2007

My Afternoon on the OTIS Set & More...

Now that this week is almost over, I FINALLY have a minute to sit down and write...:)...

After several days of confusion, unreturned phone calls, unanswered e-mails, and John Jackson himself offering to babysit for me if/when production finally called, (CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!?) I was finally contacted by production late Monday night (9/10, my original shoot date) and given a call time (1:00pm) for the following day, to report to the OTIS set. I was very relieved to know that production was still going forward, and that I was still onboard, but of course after I hung up, I knew I had A LOT to do to get the next day pulled together. Sitter? School? Audition? Workshop?

With prayer, it all worked out, and I was able to make my late morning audition for Jack in the Box (another nurse role...:)...) and then get to the set at exactly 12:55pm. It was funny because I knew I was going to get teased when I showed up on set already in scrubs. As I approached the A.D. tried to usher me over to the background holding area, until I told him my name. Of course he asked me why I was already in scrubs...:)...

As the shoot schedule got underway, it was evident that the day was going to be behind schedule. To keep from getting bored...:)...I spent the afternoon snacking, talking on the phone, chatting with some of the other actors, visiting the hair/makeup trailer (where I met Jere Burns), and utimately, hanging out in the background holding area...:)...

At last, around 4:30pm, I was called to the set for rehearsal. I was introduced to Illeana Douglas, who plays the mother, and Daniel Stern, who plays the father in the film. During my scene Illeana's character is at work on her cell phone talking to her husband, and I have to walk past her telling her that I need help with one of our patients. The setup and mechanics of the scene were somewhat tricky, so during rehearsal, and the first couple of takes, folks were getting frustrated. We pulled it together though, and finally gave the director what he was looking for. At least I hope so! He seemed pleased. When I wrapped, he even gave me a kiss on the cheek as I was leaving...:)...I thanked Illeana, and the rest of the cast, grabbed some dinner to go (yummy Chicken Cordon Bleu...:)...), and high tailed it out of there around 6:45pm.

Rewind to last week, I had signed up for a SAG Foundation Workshop with Zora DeHorter on the night of 9/11, and I did not want to miss it, so that's where I was headed! I got there at about 7:35pm, 5 minutes late, but it was all good because I saw her in the parking lot as I was walking in. Zora, who brought her adorable dogs with her, ended up being a very cool woman. She's really honest as to what she wants, and I think that's great! She gave me a comedic scene from GIRLFRIENDS, which I enjoyed doing. She seemed to enjoy it too. Hopefully she'll have me in her office soon, because she's casting a lot of projects right now! At the end of the night, we all left as a collective group, because there was one girl in the workshop who really took offense to what was going on. So much so she started acting a "little weird," almost psychotic during the workshop. Everybody thought she was going to attack someone in the parking lot.

Anyway, I got home at around 10:30pm, and my little one's were already in bed. I was sad, because I felt like I missed a whole day of their lives, but I had to remind myself how great of a day I had, and how much I love being an actor, and how ultimately, me working, benefits them too!...:)...

On to the next...

sgkm

No comments:

Post a Comment