Thursday, August 16, 2007

10 Years and Counting...

VO Audition - NISSAN ALTIMA (2 spots) - 8/16/07

This went very well. I felt REALLY good about how the read went. So, as per usual, we'll see what happens. On the way home I saw Jaime Pressly in the car next to me. She is really beautiful, but she's so little. She looks like a teenager. I don't think anyone would believe she'd just had a baby, if they didn't know who she was.

I'm bummed because I missed out on my first audition from my new VO Manager...:(...It was for McDonalds. A little communication mishap. That won't happen again though, I can assure you of that! A sista has got to stay on top of things.

Sometime this month, back in 1997, (not sure of the day, since I was only 20 at the time, and didn't care to bother myself with the significance of remembering the day...:)...) I moved to Los Angeles to pursue my budding acting career. I've had more than enough ups and downs to mention right now, so I'll just say it's been a really, really fun ride! I hear it told, once you hit the 10 year mark, it's straight to the top from here, baby!...:)...

After seeing him on TV the other day, I decided to e-mail an old acting coach of mine: Bennet Guillory. I just wanted to say hey, and see how he's been. Hopefully he'll respond.

So tomorrow is me, being a contestant, smiling profusely. I didn't realize this was going to be a FOX Game Show. Wish me Luck!

Lastly, I have an episodic audition on Monday, 8/20. Yeah Baby!

Could the ascent be starting?!?

S.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm stuggling making it to 2yrs...you've been here for 10! Believe me, that in itself is a HUGE accomplishment. It's a victory..trust.

    And with that..you're GOING TO BOOK that audition on Monday! The ascent IS starting!!

    Praying and rooting for you.

    ps. I've missed reading all your adventures. I've had the move and I'm only now getting a bit caught up. Peace. A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the game show!!!!! It sounds so damn fun! I hope you win big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi shenita,

    you, my friend, are an inspiration. just hit 2 years here in LA myself, and i already feel like i done been through the fire! ;-) i can only hope to have your sense of humour, drive and sheer staying power when i hit my big 1-0.

    happy anniversary, and break your legs on that episodic audition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much guys! Shoot, you guys are MY inspiration.

    When I'm feeling down and out, it really makes my day reading what you guys have been up to.

    Congrats all around.

    - Shenita.

    ReplyDelete