Monday, July 09, 2007

An update, while I have a moment...

Wow, it's been a crazy busy summer! Between planning birthday parties, having both kids at home with me, and entertaining out of town guests, my plate has been really, really full.

Where do I begin? Okay, I guess I'll try to start where I left off:
  • Way back in early June when I went to the "invited open call" for INDUSTRY THE SERIES. Let me just say, it was a mad house! I'm not sure what the people running the whole thing were thinking, but needless to say, I was NOT the only one who got up out of there after waiting around for a couple of hours. Saw my friend Tyreese there.
  • I was disappointed to hear recently from SAG, that I have no financial claim against BEST WEEK EVER for using my scene a few months ago. It's all good though, I just discovered that I'll be getting some GREY'S ANATOMY DVD residual checks soon. Funny thing is, one of them is for the episode I'd been cut out of. I'm going to have to get the DVD to see if I'm in the deleted scenes or something. That'd be really sweet if I am. Just in time to be included on a new reel!
  • It's unfortunate, but I'm having a minor struggle with my new agency. I'm just not feeling the stuff they've been sending me out for. They are either non-union projects, or I feel like the character I'm reading for is too old. I had to turn down an audition this morning. The character was the mother of a college student. Granted, I finally agreed with them that I can play into my late 30's, but I'm having a hard time visualizing myself as a mother in her early 40's with a college student! I guess I've just been so used to playing my age and, at the most 5 years in either direction, that it's tripping me out that they're sending me in on stuff that's for early 40's. I feel like I'm skipping a whole age bracket! At any rate, I've been e-mailing them back and forth all weekend. I might need to go in for a meeting, so we can get this worked out before the Fall Season begins. I really like the agent I'm working with over there, so hopefully things will start picking up soon!
  • I signed with a VO Manager last week. I'm really excited about this collaboration. She has a lot of great ideas!
  • Hair today. Gone tomorrow. The weave is gone!...:)...Wearing it in cornrows at the moment.
  • Almost ready to take my new guide to the publisher. Hope to have those mailed out by the end of the month.

So, I'm done for now. I hope that everyone is having a great summer!

Shenita.

2 comments:

  1. You inspire me! I keep thinking..if she can do it, with two children, so can I. Keep up the good work. Things will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support Hollie! (Believe me, at least one I month, I feel like packing up and moving back to New Mexico.)

    I am reassured everyday that perserverance is definitely a key factor to surviving in this business.

    Keeping hanging in there, and I'll try to do the same!

    -Shenita

    ReplyDelete