Tuesday, April 03, 2007

They were shooting in my neighborhood yesterday...

...and of course I had to pull over to ask a PA what they were working on. All he said was, "It's a commercial, that's all I know." Sure buddy, if you say so. I find it very unlikely that he wouldn't know what the commercial was for, but oh well. Of course it was hard for me to pass by the production trucks all morning!

I got a letter from the Tampa Festival folks saying that their venue was too small, and that they couldn't use my services after all. Especially since I was to be a newbie. They'd decided to fill the Festival with veterans instead. Again, oh well. What can you do?

What else is going on? Oh yeah, the video game I auditioned for at the end of last week went very, very well. They seemed impressed, and I had fun. I read for the role of Persephone: a Nubian Queen. We'll see what happens.

On Saturday (3/31) I took my little one's to a SAG Sponsored Event for Young Performers. It was a good effort, but I thought it would involve a little more "umph." I tried, in vain, to find someone to take a decent photo of us, but they all came out pretty bad, so I will not be posting them...:)...

Everything else is pretty much the same, still looking for a rep, and trying to scrape my pennies together to get my VO Reel redone. I'm also in search of a VO workout class. So if anyone knows of anything, please let me know. (I think I've already said I'm putting new headshots and acting classes on hold since I don't seem to need them at the current moment.)

A couple of days ago, I put my info up on SAG's new iactor thing. Seems like a good idea.

I'm pondering getting back into background/seat filling work. Not only so that I can be on a set in some capacity, but a nice little check wouldn't hurt either.

I'll be honest, when it comes to my acting career, I try to stay positive, and have faith that I'm doing the right things, and making the right decisions, but sometimes...

...it gets really hard.

SGKM

No comments:

Post a Comment