Friday, January 05, 2007

Happy New Year Everyone!

Whew! I've made it through another year. Thank you Lord! I am so very grateful. For a minute there, I didn’t think I was going to make it in one piece.

So, okay, it’s been a minute since I’ve written. Where should I begin?

Ah, yes. I had my first audition of the year on Wednesday (1/3), the very same day my little mama turned 7 months old, it was a VO for HELSBERG DIAMONDS. It went well.

Speaking of my little mama, she, by the way, has yet to have her first audition. Hmmmm, this is already getting old. Look at this face. Doesn’t it belong on a package of diapers or a jar of baby food?!?...:)...At any rate, I’ve learned my lesson. Her “agent” will get this new photo of her in about a week or so. I’ll wait a month. If things remain the same, I will be moving on. Case closed. End of story.

In other news, and to keep this post a reasonable size (because you know how I can get...:)...) here are “highlights” of the last couple of weeks.

  • I saw DREAMGIRLS twice over the holidays. Loved it! And, although I think the entire cast seriously did their thang, all my love goes to Eddie Murphy. I absolutely loved his performance!
  • The BSW article I talked to you guys about in my last post hit stands yesterday (1/4). Still haven’t seen it yet, so I don’t know which of my comments made it in. They’re sending me a copy. I will scan and post it once I get it.
  • Remember the electronic agent/manager search thing I told ya’ll I was a part of? Well, I got a bite from an agent in IL that wants to represent me here...hmmm. I talked to them on the phone, but I don’t think it’s going to be in my best interest. I’m still “posted” through the end of the month, so hopefully someone locally will hit me up. We’ll see.
  • I finished my guide, and I am SO VERY PROUD of my first publication!...:)...It’s at the printers as I type. I will post samples of it on the website once I get it back. www.newmexicoactorsguide.com.
  • Reruns of GREY’S ANATOMY start this month on Lifetime. Check your local listings! With the new cable pay scale, I hope to start seeing some nice surprises soon, if you know what I mean...:)...
  • My sister in AZ called me the other day to tell me that BROOKLYN'S BRIDGE TO JORDAN was playing on the Logo channel again. Cool! I didn’t even know it was still airing.
  • I’m in the process of filling out my paperwork for the Florida Thespian Festival in April. By the way, thanks to those of you who responded with suggestions for my workshop.
  • Lastly, I have a “major” announcement to make, but I want to wait a couple more weeks before I spill the beans. Keep your fingers crossed, and pray for me.

Thanks for checking in...:)...

Till next time,

Shenita.

6 comments:

  1. My fingers are crossed and I am anxiously awaiting your news. Love the blog - love seeing the LA side from your perspective.... keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl your daughter is a DOLL! Happy New Year and I can't wait to hear about the surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg you have the cutest lil baby!

    -sheena

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, i would buy and eat the baby food my damn self if that face was on the jar! happy new year to you shenita, hope it's a successful one for you and your gorgeous little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shenita! Happy New Year!

    Ok, but your little girl is thee most cutest baby I've ever seen in my life! LOL OMG! She's beauuutiful!

    (Pff! You betta get her an agent!) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the compliments/support ladies!...

    Break A Leg this Pilot Season! :)

    - Shenita.

    ReplyDelete