Saturday, November 11, 2006

Just doing the Hollywood thang.

Wednesday’s (11/8) VO audition went amazingly well! Not just because I got to chat it up in the waiting room with a bunch of amazing fellow actresses, but because I actually left thinking I’d done a darn good job. Among the women I auditioned with were: Telma Hopkins and Loni Love. Loni collected our cards, with promise to comp us for her stand up show next month. Cool! My husband and I have wanted to catch a comedy show for some time now, and my birthday happens to be during that same week.

The next night, as we were looking for a place to park at the WGA building, my husband and I saw Doris Roberts walking through the parking lot. We were on our way to see the movie PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS starring Will Smith and Jaden Smith at the Academy building. She, it seemed, was on her way to the screening of BABEL, which was at the WGA that same night.

At any rate, PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS is definitely a must see! (I feel like I’m saying that about every movie lately...:)...) Oh well, IT IS a good movie. And, I DO recommend catching it if you can. Will was there for the Q&A, along with one of the producers, and the director Gabriele Muccino: who is a very likeable Italian guy, with a heavy accent. Will looked amazingly average and non-celeb like to me. I guess after growing up watching him on tv, film, and listening to his music, I’d always imagined him to be bigger than life. So when I saw him. And he was human. It was pretty weird...:). He’s definitely one of those celebs that you “feel like you know” because you’re so used to seeing them all the time. I’m sure that’s why he has a secret service team, to remind us common folk that “we don’t actually know him!”...:)...

Jada was there. He had her stand up and wave to the crowd. Kevin West and Kurt Fuller were also there. We sat behind Kurt, and at the end of the film I complimented him on his work in the film. I actually ended up chatting with him for a minute.

On the agenda for next week: A screening of THE FOUNTAIN, an AFTRA sponsored event with Mark Teschner, and a Glamour Magazine party.

Yep. I’m quickly remembering how this whole networking thing works...:)...

She-Mo.

4 comments:

  1. How's Will performance in the movie?

    What would you give it out of 4 stars?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to get "In the mix". I keep missing the screenings due to some BS job, but soon it'll all be over. The dates with your husband must be nice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon: I thought will did a great job! I loved the story, so I would definitely give the movie 3.5 stars overall.

    Tasia: I'm sure you'll get into some soon. There seems to be one every night! As for the dates with my husband, very much so, how'd you know?...:)...We can actually have uninterrupted conversations.

    - Shenita.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How was Jaden's acting? He is a real cutie. Wait till he grows up. He'll be a heart breaker. I think Jada is soo pretty. I just wish she would stop this heavy metal nonsense.

    ReplyDelete