Saturday, September 09, 2006

Week in Review.

Thursday (8/31): I went to visit my agent’s office. Once there, it occurred to me that I hadn't been there in over a year! Yes, a whole year! Wow. That got me to thinking that one of the reasons that I haven’t been going out as much as I’d like to, is probably because I’m not a constant presence over there. I really need to step up my game in that regard, stay in their faces! Like, “Hey, look, I’m over here! Pick me! Choose me! Love me!"...:)...(Some of you got that one, huh?)...

We chit chatted for a while, and everyone got to gush over the baby. I was a little timid about bringing up some of the more serious issues I had on my mind though. I don’t know why I always wimp out when it comes to talking about stuff like that face to face. I guess I just don't like confrontations. Anyway, during the course of the meeting it was revealed that they had not received the packet of new (old) headshots I’d sent to them a couple of weeks prior. (What?!?) All this time I thought they’d been submitting me with them. Great. More time lost. Long story short, they didn’t get the packet of headshots until two days ago (9/7). I’m too through trying to understand why stuff like that continues to happen to me. Theoretically, the pictures should have gotten to them the next day. I mean I was only sending them across town. But anyway...

When I left their office, I hit up Reproductions on my way home, only to find out that my postcard wasn’t the right dpi. Great, here we go again. The guy told me that he couldn’t change it for me. I had to change it myself, and bring it back. I explained to him that coming to Studio City was a long way for me, and he said that I could e-mail it to him. I asked if I could at least pay him while I was there, and he said, I could pay over the phone. So, as you may have guessed, I STILL have not had the time to make these changes and get the darn postcards done. Again, more time lost!

Friday (9/1): After seeing the trailer for the movie THE ILLISIONIST that morning, I was determined to see it over the weekend. Needless to say my husband and I got to the theater a little later than we’d hoped, so we went with our second choice, IDLEWILD. The best way I can describe it is: “Imagination come to life.” I am so glad we saw that film. Definitely check that movie out if you can.

Saturday (9/2): I got an e-mail from the folks over at ITA Productions saying that a certain big name talent agency was seeking new clientele for their roster, and they specifically requested that ITA people submit. Cool. Hopefully I’ll at least get to audition for them. I got my h/r in the mail lickety split!

Sunday (9/3) thru Wednesday (9/6): Worked on my new website for the New Mexico acting market.

Thursday (9/7): Okay, so I haven’t talked about it lately, because I’ve been trying to push it towards the very back of my mind, but reality has set in that 9/18 is just around the corner. Yes, 9/18. The day I have to head back to my day job. BUT, all is not lost. A couple of weeks ago, I submitted both my resumes, acting and professional, for a job that would involve the need for both. I won’t go into too many details, but they e-mailed me on this day saying that I have an interview on 9/11. Wish me luck; because if I score this job, which I think just might be a dream day job, I plan to leave my other one. This job is great in that it would allow me, among other things, to make my own schedule.

Friday (9/8): VO Audition.

Next week should be interesting. Stay tuned...

Monday (9/11): Acting-related job interview.
Tuesday (9/12): GREY'S ANATOMY - Season 2 on DVD.
Wednesday (9/13): BRINGING HOME BABY airing.

+

Get much, much more of my agenda accomplished.

Shenita.

3 comments:

  1. Shenita.....I guess the person posting above me didn't realize your face is already out there and only on one of the biggest shows on TV!!!...Anyway I hope your interview goes great tomorrow!!!...Bruno

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pick me, choose me, love me! I TOTALLY got that right away. Poor Meridith! But not poor you! You rock

    If I am not mistaken, I owe you a post pregnancy drink! Let me know when you are free. We'll make a group outing to Paco's! Big girls only this time.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the love. I'm trying!...:)...

    Let's do it T!

    - Shenita.

    ReplyDelete