Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Round and Round I go.

The audition went really well yesterday! I’m really hoping I can be a part of the Showcase. It could open up A LOT of doors for me. I’m not going to dwell on it though. On to the next!

Is it just me, or does it seem like there is so much craziness going on in the world lately? Death. Deceit. Destruction. I guess it could just be that the news is going crazy covering this stuff. All I know is, I’m finding myself becoming really emotional about all of it. It’s really making me reflect on my life. (As I’m sure you can see by my blog posts.) I don’t think its post partum or anything like that. I just think that being home these days, I’ve had a lot of time to get a clear view (if you can call the news a clear view) of everything that’s going on in the world. Every day headlines read how “One, two, or three soldiers were killed in Iraq today,” or how “Katrina evacuees are still displaced.”

I lost another aunt over the summer, this time on my side of the family, and with that loss, another birth (a friend a mine had a baby a month after I did), and more births on the horizon, I’ve been really thinking about the delicate balance of life, and believe me, that trumps acting any day!

With that said, although I haven’t had much luck with the auditions as of late, I realized that I have a lot to be thankful for in other areas of my life. I have my health. I have a loving, supportive family. I have many friends who stand by and support me. And I have a strong drive to achieve the goals that I’ve set for myself.

In pursuit of a couple of those goals, I’ve gotten a lot accomplished in the last couple of weeks. I think I just might be proud of myself...:)...

  • I secured an agent for my daughter.
  • I applied for, and already received, a work permit for her. (I’m shocked that this only took a week. It can take up to four!)
  • I spoke with both of my on-camera agents, updating them on what I’m up to, AND I got updates from both of them. (It doesn’t look like MOTEL MAN is a go. Never heard anything.)
  • I sent a batch of my new (old) headshots to each of them.
  • I’ve continued to submit myself like crazy on projects I’ve come across that I’m right for. (i.e. E! and ABC Showcase.)
  • I secured two impromptu babysitters for my daughter should I need one for last minute auditions.
  • I’ve started work (research/website/marketing/etc.) for a new idea I have in mind for the New Mexico acting market. (More information coming soon.)
  • I sent “Congrats on the Nominations” cards to some of the folks over at GREY'S ANATOMY. (I’m so very glad I didn’t wait until after the Emmy’s, because I wouldn't have been able to send anything. I’m sure there are some upset folks over there. I know I was mad!)

In other GREY'S ANATOMY news, Season 2 will be on DVD next month, AND the show will start airing on Lifetime in early 2007! Cool.

On the agenda for the rest of the week:

  • I’m supposed to be going by my agent’s office sometime this week so that they can meet my baby.
  • I need to go to the SAG/AFTRA CU to get her a Coogan Account. (Anyone have an account over there? How’s their customer service, fees, etc.?)
  • Still need to get those doggone postcards printed up.
  • Complete work on my new website for the New Mexico acting market.
  • An actor friend of mine is having a Labor Day Weekend birthday bash, with many events scheduled over the course of the weekend. So, I’m going to TRY to muster up enough energy to attend at least one of them. Maybe Burke Williams or Crustacean’s. I’m in real need of some relaxation and good fun!
  • The SAG Labor Day Picnic is also a maybe with the family.

Stay well, and keep it modest this weekend!

S “to da” M

4 comments:

  1. Girl, please! These cats fell and bumped their damn heads and are OFF THE SCALES WITH IT! Ain't no post-partum up in here! What you're seeing is what you're getting!

    Ummm.... On another note, I'm around the corner from Crustacean's? Lemme' know if you want company!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on being selected for the showcase from among hundreds of thousands! that alone is something to be hugely proud of, not to even talk about all the other impressive things on your list. girl, live it up this holiday weekend - you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting your baby an agent! Should be cool. And it sounds like you're constantly making progress so keep at it. Something will hit soon. I'll cross my fingers on the ABC showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the love you guys! As always, it is much appreciated!

    - Shenita.

    ReplyDelete