Monday, March 20, 2006

Let's Spring Forward!...

USC Student Film Audition – 3/20/06 - A FISTFUL OF SUSHI

A lot has happened since last I wrote!

Last Wednesday wound up being a 13 hour day for me, and it took me days to recover from it.

I went to work and got started on a couple of projects before heading out to my first audition of the day. It was for a co-starring role in a pilot called JERICHO. I was first up, and everything went very well. The CD, Sherry Thomas (1/2 of the Bialy/Thomas duo), and her assistant Tiffany, were really sweet and seemed to enjoy my read. Sherry told me that they’d be booking from tape, and the role would shoot on Friday OR Saturday. The weekend came and went, so of course I assumed the project had went on without me, that is until about an hour ago. My theatrical agent called to say that I had been placed on AVAIL for this Wednesday (3/22) to work on the show. The role I had auditioned for had been written out, but they were looking for another role for me. Okay, now this is the first time this has EVER happened to me. I feel like I’ve won the lottery. I am sooo happy right now!...I’ll post more news about this as I get details.

So, going back to last Wednesday, after the JERICHO audition, I stopped off at a mailbox to send out my postcards for the GREY’S ANATOMY airing, and then headed back to work. (By the way, I take back my previous endorsement of STAPLES printing. I will only go back there IF I’m in complete desperation.)

After work, I went to my VO AUDITION in West Hollywood, which went well, and then headed downtown. Downtown, you might ask? Early Wednesday morning I’d gotten an e-mail from the Talent Manager I’ve been trying to meet with forever, asking me to come downtown to her rehearsal space so that we could have a general meeting. Of course, even though I was exhausted, I wasn’t going to pass up the opportunity. She is currently producing and directing FOR COLORED GIRLS (a play I did in Albuquerque 10 years ago) at the Stella Adler in Hollywood. The rehearsal space, however, is downtown. I arrived at around 5pm, met her, and much of the cast, and just hung out for two hours. It was a really cool experience. I got to see her work, and we were able to get a “feel” for each others personality. As I left she had me promise to contact her soon (before, or just after, the baby) to set up a real audition. I promised, and then headed home.

I spent the rest of the week promoting my appearance on GREY’S ANATOMY, and taking care of personal stuff.

So last night rolled around, and I was very nervous! The last time I’d taped an episode of GREY’S ANATOMY, I was cut out. Just after 7:00pm I got a call from my mom (who lives on the East Coast) telling me she’d just seen me. Whew!...

My scene was one of the first one’s, right before the first commercial break and credits. I thought I looked good, which is another relief. I was nervous about that too. (Remember my trepidation about the small scrubs?) Unfortunately though they cut out most of what I said, but it’s all good, because I’m on the list for residuals should it re-air this summer!...:)...

Today I stayed at home from my day job because my hip has been bothering me the last couple of days. I know it has something to do with the baby, and the weight I’ve gained, so I just gotta take some Tylenol (the only drug a pregnant woman can take) and try to get through the pain.

This afternoon, I drove out to USC to audition for a Student Film. It went well, we did some improv, and I talked to them about an idea my husband and I had in mind for the character they had me auditioning for. It would tape next weekend (4/1 & 4/2) should I get it.

I remember saying a couple of posts ago, that I was going to start slowing down this month.
Okay, maybe next month…

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on GA! Rooting for you to get JERICHO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Amazing news on Jericho, and congrats once again on your Grey's Anatomy airing! You have a fan in me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys! I really appreciate the support.

    ReplyDelete