Monday, March 13, 2006

And the winner is...

Friday morning I was up unusually early again. 5:00am to be exact! I had to drive out to Ontario from the West Side (which is where I live) to judge the International Theatre Honor Society Festival. All judges had to check in by 7:00am, which meant I couldn’t leave my house any later than 6:00am!...

I arrived just after 7:00am, got checked in, grabbed a quick bite to eat, and raced to my assigned room just as they were about to get started. (Actually, I think they were waiting for me. Oops!)

Anyway, I had signed up to judge the callbacks for DUET ACTING (two person scenes). As the first scene started, I scrambled to get my bearings, and began jotting down notes. The pacing was really fast! Each scene was at most 5 minutes long, and during that time, we had to WATCH the scene, jot down notes (keeping in mind that the kids WILL BE reading these), score them overall, and then be ready to move onto the next scene. It sounds easy, but somewhere between the second and third scene, I began to wonder what I’d gotten myself into!

I pulled it together though. We got through all 13 scenes, and I actually ended up having a lot of fun. I couldn’t believe how many of the scenes I recognized, either as ones I’d done before, or ones I’ve SEEN done before. At any rate, the kids were really good. So good in fact, it was hard for us judges to decide on the top 3 once the room was cleared. After about 20 minutes of deliberation, we did, and I was outta there, headed back to Los Angeles where my day job awaited me.

NOTE TO SELF: Although I had a lot of fun on Friday, DO NOT except invitations to judge festivals if they are more than ½ hour away from my home, and/or if I have to get up as early as 5:00am!

It has finally sunk in for me that I’m pushing myself too hard in these last couple of months, after my day of ripping and running on Friday, I had to make an emergency stop at my Dr’s office because I was feeling a lot of pressure, and was worried about the baby. Everything checked out well, and I was ordered to get some bed rest over the weekend. I scaled back for the rest of the day Friday, and tried to limit my activity on Saturday and Sunday. (I’m one of those “Church/Family-all-day-on-Sunday-Christians” so it was hard for me to get as much rest as I should have.)

In other news over the weekend, I e-mailed a girl in production about the possible air date for the GREY’S ANATOMY episode I just did. She told me the episode will air this coming Sunday, March 19th. Wow that was fast! So, last night, I designed two postcards, one for the CD’s here in Los Angeles, and one for the CD’s in New Mexico.

For the past few weeks I’d been doing some research on who could print my postcards for me. While I was out and about with my daughter on Saturday, I dropped by Staples, and they gave me an awesome price quote. I’m going to place my order today, and should get them back some time tomorrow. Hopefully they’ll turn out good. I plan to label, stamp, and mail them out the same day.

Man, ya’ll pray for me, I’ve got A LOT of stuff going on this week, in all areas of my life, and I just don’t know how I’m going to get it all done!...

Peace ‘n Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment