Tuesday, January 24, 2006

4th week of January

VO Audition - 1/26/06 - MATTEL & WASHINGTON LOTTERY

Wow, I can get used to these VO auditions. They're keeping me somewhat satisfied for the time being...
So, over the weekend, I exchanged several e-mails with my theatrical agent, she’d like to talk things out in an effort to keep me from leaving the agency. That’s very good to hear. I realize that this leaves the door open for me to really lay out what I want to accomplish as an actor, and what I expect from them. Her and I intend to talk on the phone this week so that we can hammer out the details of me staying. Pray that all goes well.

I don’t think I ever got to bring you guys up to speed on the screening of RIZE I went to last Wednesday. The documentary was great, and I got to stick around to hear some of what David LaChapelle had to say. He’s a really funny guy, and like many artists, he’s come a long way. For some reason during the Q/A the moderator kept skipping over my raised hand. (I was kind of bummed because I usually don’t ask questions, and the one time I wanted to, she didn’t call on me!) It actually turned out for the best because the situation left the door open for me to approach him after the Q/A, in which I asked my profound question: “Did you learn any of the dance moves?!?” In which he replied: “Yes, yes I did. It’s kind of like experiencing the Tour de France, afterwards you immediately want to jump on a bike.” I then teased him about doing the dance moves secretly at home when no ones watching. He laughed eagerly. I was being silly, but it ended up being a cool moment. The next day, I sent a short (meaning two sentence) e-mail to an e-mail address on his website thanking him for participating in the SAG screening. It’s highly unlikely that it got to him, but hey, you never know. I’ve done it before, and I’ve actually gotten responses from the celebs, which completely shocked me! (And yes I know it was the celebs who responded to me.)

In other news, I finally got tired of paying $2, or sometimes $5, for my Actors Access submissions. I went ahead and spent the $68 for the yearly subscription. So far it seems to have been worth it, I’ve submitted myself 4 or 5 times already.

It's official, I'll be heading to Albuquerque in mid-February to meet with the NM agents. Now, I just have to find a cheap airline ticket. Southwest here I come. Actually, surprisingly, I do have a few dollars to spare this month, so if my energy level stays high, I will be knocking a few things off my Plan of Action too.

Last, but not least, don’t forget to pick up an issue of BackStage West this week. I’m in it!

Over and Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment