Friday, September 16, 2005

Gotta Luv the Union!

VO Audition - 9/15/05 - CARL'S JR

Last night I attended THE SAG FOUNDATION'S - Casting Access Project orientation. For those of you unfamiliar with it, it is a SAG sponsored program that brings CD's and talent together in a cold reading workshop setting, at no cost. Attending the orientation is the only way you can sign up for the workshops, so it's extremely competitive to get a slot. I watched their website like a hawk for three months before finally making it in on this one. So that you can get an idea of the numbers...there are roughly 70,000 to 80,000 SAG members in L.A. So far, only 1,300 members are signed up for this program. I really wanted to be a part of the program, because I haven't had much spare income lately to go to ITA PRODUCTIONS (I haven't been since Spring 05.) I feel like I'm suffering big time as a result. Not that people were calling me in from ITA, but I don't think I have the same confidence when I go into my on camera auditions. (That is, when I get on camera auditions.) So, my prayer is that the CAP program will help me out.

Man, I am SOOO backlogged on my list of stuff to do. I feel like a slug. I have so many ideas to spark things up, but no money to back things up! It's quite frustrating.

Oh well, I'll get it together soon. I have to. I can not go through the FALL SEASON without a TV/Film/VO booking!...

AHH the agony!...:)…

At any rate, the short film I did, BROOKLYN'S BRIDGE TO JORDAN, has been selected to be screened at several more film festivals across the country. I will be updating the main page of my website with the schedule soon.

Also, the new season of GREY’S ANATOMY will be starting soon. Yeah!

I’m still waiting for my agent to make her selections on my new pictures, so in the mean time, I’m walking around au natural…with no braids. Once I get the green light on the pictures, I will put the braids back in.

Oh yeah, my reel demo reel is getting done next week.

So, I think dats it…

No comments:

Post a Comment