Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!...:)...

VO Audition – DICK’S SPORTING GOODS RADIO – 10/30/07

All last week I just wasn’t feeling myself. I’m not sure if it was the wildfires and the havoc it reeked on my asthma (fortunately my family and I weren’t in the path of any of the fires, but we know people who where), the tension and the stress over the amount of work I knew I had ahead of me, or just the every day reality of being a wife, mother, actor, and entrepreneur, etc., etc. At any rate, by Thursday (10/25), I was ready for a much needed break. You see a friend of mine was screening her film: DOING THE L.A. THING at the American Black Film Festival, so I decided to be supportive and attend. HOWEVER, due to an unfortunate series of events, (i.e. getting stuck in rush hour traffic behind the slowest driver in the northern hemisphere!, losing the $12 movie ticket I’d just purchased minutes before, and then sitting in the wrong film for about 15 minutes-which wasn’t too bad of a thing because Lamman Rucker’s face appeared on the screen just as I took my seat...:)...) I wound up missing the first ½ hour of her movie. Doggone it! Needless to say, things ended up being somewhat stressful in the beginning.

At any rate, Jamie did a wonderful job with her film! It’s amazing how many people I know who’ve managed to make their own projects. If I wasn’t so broke, and had more time on my hands, I might try to doing something like that myself. Hmmm...maybe one day. I also got to chat with some old acquaintances while at the festival: Angela Nirvana, Adetoro Makinde, and Carl Gilliard. I also met several new ones. I spotted Idris Elba in the crowd too…

In other news, my agent called the CD’s at GREY’S ANATOMY last Friday (10/26) to see if there was any interest in bringing me back. I was telling her that I think I’ve officially seen all of the recurring folks back on the show, all except me...:(...They told her there was nothing for me at the current time, but to keep in touch. I suppose that’s promising to hear. She also called the OTIS CD’s to see if they could help in the pursuit of getting my credit added on IMDB...that’s still developing.

After church on Sunday (10/28), I met with my New Mexico agent, who was here for the weekend, to discuss how things were going out there. He explained that there was little else I could do from here, but he’s been submitting me like crazy. That’s always good to hear, and I really feel like he has my best interest at heart. I’m confident that something will develop out there very soon.

So that brings me to yesterday morning (10/30). Hallelujah, my mojo is back! Two hours, twenty commercials, and a mild case of claustrophobia later, I finally got my new VO Reel recorded. (All in all, 2 out of 3 October goals ain’t bad. Right?) For November I’m adding 1 more: New Photography. I REALLY need it! I’ve been hitting the gym and TRYING to diet lately, so we’ll see how much of a difference I can make by year’s end. I feel that if I can get those last two things accomplished in time for Pilot Season 2008, it’s sure to be my best one yet! As you can see, I already have some reps in my corner, so I just need to step my game up it seems.

Speaking of Pilot Season, I almost forgot. I discovered on Saturday (10/27) that a fellow Christian/Mother I met over the summer at a church picnic, is also an up and coming writer who just sold a ½ comedy to Disney. The show already has a VERY BIG show runner attached, and they're gearing up to shoot the pilot. (That is, pending the looming writers strike.) Pretty cool huh?!? We exchanged cards, and will be doing lunch very soon.

P.S. Lastly and certainly not least, yes, it’s that time of year again: Free SAG Screenings. Did someone say Free? I’ve been RSVP’ing for stuff, but things keep coming up, so I haven’t been able to attend one yet. There have been many, many great ones to come through so far, but I’m the most sad about missing John Travolta and Halle Berry. Darn It!

Closing out October 2007...

Shenita.

No comments:

Post a Comment