Saturday, April 21, 2007

This thing called Acting.

VO Audition - COUNTRYWIDE & AT&T - 4/23/07

So on Tuesday, the day after I met with the manager, a theatrical agent contacted me saying she wanted to meet with me. I bet your saying, "wow" those e-mails really did work for you! They did, but this response actually came from the Actors Access thing I did 4 months ago! Crazy huh? I met with her yesterday (4/20), and we really clicked. She said that she wanted to sign me right away, but I asked her to let me think about it over the weekend. I really liked her, turns out, she's even more of a go getter than the manager. So, I'm pretty certain that I will sign with her. Especially since I called the manager back on Thursday, left a message, and have yet to hear from him. This industry is a trip huh?!? They love you one minute, and won't return your call the next. Fortunately, since I've seen it all and done it all, I don't get hurt by those types of things anymore.

Anywho, I'm very excited about the probability of having a theatrical agent again. I'm sure that if I wasn't hammering away on some websites today, I'd be running around the house all giddy and nervous. Just pray with me that things play out well.

On the agenda for tomorrow night (4/22), auditing a commercial workshop. I know, I know, I said I was going to concentrate on VO more these days, (and I guess now on Theatrical) but hey, I hear it's a great class!

Shenita.

4 comments:

  1. wow, i'm almost tearing up here - this is such great news! congrats on all your great meetings and i look forward to breaking open the bubbly with you to celebrate your new rep!

    p.s.'a trip' ain't words enough to describe this business...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know they had to have love for you. Just a matter of time. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My good thoughts are with you. Congradulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much guys. I know the only reason I've gotten as far as I have, is because of all the prayers and well wishes people are sending up for me!

    I really, really appreciate it.

    - Shenita.

    ReplyDelete